CURRENT and FUTURE TEACHERS and WRITERS:
Join us for an afternoon of creativity and inspiration–and learn more about English and Humanities opportunities at Chadron State. The following events will also be shared via ZOOM. (Contact email@example.com for log-in information or if you have any questions).
- English & Humanities Meet & Greet
- 3:30 to 4:00 PM Old Admin #227 Learn more about the programs we offer, meet faculty and tour our facilities.
- Creative Writing in the High School Classroom: A Roundtable Discussion
- 4:00 to 5:00 PM Old Admin #227 For future teachers as well as current students–explore the role of creative writing in the English Language Arts curriculum in Nebraska and learn about programs for High School students such as “Poetry Out Loud” and writing festivals and events aimed at emerging writers.
- POETRY WORKSHOP (For Writers at All Levels)
- 5:15 to 6:30 PM Old Admin #227 Matt Mason will lead writers through activities he has developed through the Nebraska Arts Council’s Artists in the Schools and Communities program—open to any high school or college student. PIZZA WILL BE SERVED!
- SPECIAL READING With MATT MASON: MARI SANDOZ CENTER CHICOINE ATRIUM 7 TO 8 PM
- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC — BOOK SIGNING TO FOLLOW
We have made many changes to English Program in the last year—including the development of our English Studies and Advanced English studies majors, incorporating creative writing more fully into our degrees, and strengthening the regional/rural elements of our English Language Arts program. With the current nationwide teacher shortage in English, we are eager to recruit more future teachers into our ranks! And with so many opportunities in creative writing at CSC, we would love to meet with you and help you FIND YOUR STORY!